I really have nothing special to write about this morning. I could type about work, but there is not many of you who care about whether I've won any recent bids or when we're finally going to complete the Settler's Park boulder project.
I could post about my kids but you'd be shocked by how incredibly adorable they were that you'd probably go unconscious and won't be able to tend to your family, worse yet, won't be able to comment on our blog. Informing you that myson misses school so much that he plays with his letters and trys to teach em and his mom words and the alphabet would probably be of no interest to you. Any knowledge you have that everyday em is walking and talking better than before won't likely interest you.
I could blog about finances but now that we're not near being unable to pay for our food, it's no longer exciting. You don't want to hear how we finally can spend the time and money to visit my and jay's family this summer and won't have to pinch for every dime on the way there.
However, the one thing you DO want to hear about is that I have a $70 Omaha Steaks gift card. And that I really don't know much about meats so you get to recommend to me what I get to spend it on. Visit www.omahasteaks.com and find a package slightly above or below $70 that you would suggest me purchase, then comment your suggestion. Maybe it can be a competition between my and jay's families: the best suggestion will allow us to order steaks for the weekend that we'll be coming to visit. Then the winning family will be able feast on our meat.
Oh, this reminds me; Vacation agenda: We'll be at the land of golding in Utahrn the weekend before the first weekend in July. Sunday or Monday we'll be going to ... idk, SL or Utah valley's to visit friends and family. The weekend after my birthday, we'll be in E. Idaho for a few days.
Note how incredibly cryptic I am on listing these dates. This is to ensure that the many stalkers we have won't know when to ransack our house of it's belongings (the most valuable probably being Blue's Clues videos).
I really hope Jay posts soon. She has pictures and is supposed to get more videos as well. And let's face it, when it comes to basic communication and explanation, she takes the cake on being both comprehendable and entertaining.
(No, really. She took my cake. :( it was cheesecake too)
gifts for her
4 years ago
9 comments:
Oh Mikey! You didn't need that cheesecake anyway did you?
About Omaha Steaks... don't give them your real phone number or email! I got some free certificates too. The meat was good. I think we just bought a small package, but they hounded us for months afterwards to buy more. I asked them not to call, didn't answer the phone, had the kids play dumb with them on the phone, etc... They kept calling! They are the worst junk mail I've ever had! Good luck!
Your kids are definitely adorable! My kids will love to play with them when you come out!
Sherwin and I get Omaha Steaks almost every year for Christmas from his daughter, Carla. Sherwin likes the bacon wrapped filets best. I would probably vote for prime rib. Yes, please get Jessica to send some pictures of Emily walking and Hyrum riding his bike.
I have no steak suggestions for you, it wouldn't matter anyway since you are not coming to my house. It always seems the most shocking thing to people when I tell them that I don't really like steak. And when you consider all the things that I do say that should really be at the bottom of the list. My freezer is full of all this steak and steak looking bacon wrapped things that I got for Dan and he didn't have time to eat before he left. Now I can't seem to remember to take them to my sister's house to get rid of them.
Have fun on your trip and good luck with your choice and future junk mail.
New York Steaks seem to be the favorite at our house when the budget allows. Just don't ruin them by overcooking. They should be pink.
:) I like it when there's a new post, from either of you!
But no fair directing me towards a site like that. I just want all of it. Immediately. Except for underdone steaks, ewwww. You should get a family package, from looking just for a few minutes those seem like the most foods for least money. There's a whole bunch of kinds of them. Even if the kids won't eat that stuff, it's just more for you!
Ribeye's my suggestion, and I agree with James with the cooking suggestion; overcooking completely hides the wonderful flavors that premium meats offer. (Says the guy that just ate some Taco Bell)
I'm a Ribeye fan as well. Been that way for years even after tasting every other cut. It's seems to be the most flavorful. Now...how do I get you to bring them to "our" party? Do I have to comment twice maybe under Sam's name. Oh...he told me he likes Ribeye too. And come to think of it so did Sarah and Tanner and even Hayley said "ib-ey". Does that help? :) ha ha ha! Can't wait to see you in a few weeks then!
Come see us when you're in East Idaho. We might even celebrate with balloons . . .
I am interested in the "nothing much." I am so thankful for where your niche is. The Temple prayers worked.
Steaks: 1. tenderloin, 2. flank, 3. the meat w/rib and w/o (bones add more flavor when you cook as the meat in the bone releases a very nice taste--but you pay for the bone, so watch the price point). But you know my favorite: "Fee-lay minYON!"
Post a Comment