5.15.2008

BAM!

{All right!}

Well, I did commissions for the company and the boss had me add 10% to the 2% I already received! Translation: I got a raise! A nice one too! It should boost my yearly gross income from 21k to 36k.

More than the money, it was also good to know that I had the owners trust and confidence in handling the company. I also feel I can do my job without griping (much) about Utah sales guy. Now, instead of trying to see what jobs he can give me so I can get my own commissions, I can either 1- give him and know I'll still share the commissions or 2- do the job/bid myself and probably get more margin than he ever would.

It won't be that easy. I still won't be doing sales calls in Utah so it will be hard to have my own jobs. So the only things I can do is what comes in the office.

Before, I also felt that although I wanted 12% of all of Utah, I thought it may not have been exactly fair. But I would estimate that 70% of my work is actually for Idaho. We're doing one job in particular that is about 150k, however, I'll never see any commissions for that. So, I now feel the 12% surely compensates for the additional work I do for Idaho.

Well, this blog should have been of our cute kids and other life things that you actually care about, but I blame Jay for not beating me too the punch :P

4 comments:

Jill Crooks said...

I'm trying the comment thing again. Congrats on your raise. You deserve it.

Pure Golding said...

Thats such a wonderful blessing! Its amazing how the Lord works in our lives if we hold out and have faith! Keep it up! Does this mean you can quit your other job soon? I'm sure you can use more sleep!

Haddorkus said...

Yea to the raise, I am with Jen, does the other job have an expiration date to it now? I am very happy for you guys, what a nice breather that will be.

littlegloria TREASURESREBORN said...

what a wonderful son, brother, husband, and "people" you are. I'm proud to be your Mum. :-)