7.22.2007

Eleven!!

In Herbie Goes Banana's we learned that 53 is 8(ocho). Well, as that is the case, as of July 14th, I am now eleven. This is fantastic news except for the fact that next year I will be 3... :'(

My birthday's have never been all that fan-dangled. They've usually been overshadowed by other things like
Bastille Day or Scout camp. Not that I'm complaining. I've never found much reason to celebrate me on any one day. I've found it greater reason to celebrate me every day of the year other than December 7th -- the day Pearl Harbour (if such a place is a proper noun, can I change the spelling from Harbor to Harbour?) was bombed.

I still have some very memorable moments on the few July 14th's I've encountered. Jeni's pie-in-the face ranks amongst the top several for sure. I can still taste it in my nasal passages today! I also remember my birthday last year as the year we made that going to eat as
Whitewater Pizza & Pasta as yearly tradition. We skipped this year, however.

I'd have to say that this year was a great one, too. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if I remember it everytime I read this blog entry.

I woke up early to enjoy the full length of this day -- also because myson woke me up and wanted breakfast. Since it was a special day, I treated him and myself to some waffles. I was going to make waffles in bed for {wife} as well, but i thought that she may enjoy sleep better than morning dough-in-a-toaster.

After that I treated myself to some alone time as I mowed our lawn. Throughout the day some people said that i shouldn't have had to do that on my Birthday. I agreed with them -- Mowing the lawn should always be done on Mondays!!

The funnest part of the day was going to the splash pad with the family! It was just like
last time but this time we were in get-wet clothes; so dad got to get wet w/ Hyrum too :D It was a blast. Myson was very cautious around the water as any 3yr old would be, but he was very cute trying to stop the water from spouting out of the nozzles. He also got to be on Dad's shoulders for a bit as we both got dunked by the dunking bucaneer. Oo!! And we also go to go on the swings! Ang was right -- swings are life's natural high! I got to push hyrum first, then we got to sit down together. he liked it, but didn't think much of it. Then I let him sit alone and tried to teach him how to pump by swinging on the swing next to him. After a few "Forward. Back'"s i decided to just go real high since it have been awhile. That got Hyrum cracking up! I'm still writing this w/ a huge smile -- HE SO CUTE! ... Ok, barring the whole this-parent-loves-his-son point of view, he really was cute. Then Spencer (my supervisor from work was there too w/ his family) reminded me to do the spider-thingy on the swings w/ Hyrum by doing it w/ his daughter. ... *sigh* It was just a fun day to spend w/ the fam. Must do that more often.

We went home after the park in search for food. It was about 3pm and i had just realized -- the Elder's Quorum was meeting at 11am for a party/BBQ/swimming at Brother Walker's house >< /sigh. Missing free food is not one of my favorite things to do ;_;


After that we called around searching for a free babysitter so we could go watch a movie. We found one too, but we found out the day after that they were available. For the rest of the night we just bummed around the house watching Enterprise episodes we had recorded on the DVR. Jaypea did make this "deliciouso! Yum-yum-yum!" Apple-Rhubarb pie (can you tell we watch kids shows?). My boss had a rhubarb tree and it had grown like crazy. So he gave me ssome to take home and experiment with it. Since the pie, Jay has also made Rhubarb Muffins too. Not as delicious as the pie -- but nothing is bad if it has rhubarb in it!

The next day after church Kit said since she missed watching the kids last night, she'd watch them that night for us! We took up on the offer cause 1- we still had free movie tickets, 2- never deny a free babysitter, & 3- never mind... I didn't know how many points I'd be outlining and ran out of ideas. It was a good thing we went, too. I got to find out that i still loved my wife. Wait-- (turns to ask Jessica) right? Ok. (returned to blog) Yeah, she said I still do. We chose to watch Harry Potter 5 -- a very good choice, too. The movie was done very well -- for the 5th book being the largest or the saga, it was a shorter movie than the 4th (I believe); but they touched on the most important elements that would roll into movies 6 and 7.

We got home about Midnight:30... felt really bad about have kit w/ the kids for so long. The kids were still awake and that was actually a good thing since myson had not been going to bed peacefully recently. I didn't want to have Kit deal w/ that plus he looooooooves her so much, i knew it wouldn't be a problem for him to stay up. What i eventually felt worse about was that Kit succumbed to watching Blues Clues all night long w/ him! o_o Next time i'll let her know she has a bit more license on what she wants to watch of TV.

All in all, it was a great birthday. I still have plans to go eat at Whitewater when we get the gil to do so; but barring that, it was a great day!

P.S. We also did Dynamis-Buburimu w/ the DP ls. Man, was that a blast. It was going all so well until the evil head-honcho NM pummeled the linkshell. Regardless, it was not only a great learning experience, but was so fun to spend some time w/ my dear friends online. Can't wait until we give Apocalyptic Beast another try! :D

3 comments:

Jessica Haddox said...

Ok, before you all comment on how horrible I was for having Mike make breakfast and making him mow the lawn, I should explain. I had no idea he had woken up early, for one thing. I was woken up that morning when someone from the ward rang our doorbell to pick me up for a practice for a song I was singing in Relief Society the next day. She hadn't told me we were supposed to practice that morning. So Mike mowed while I was away.

I also made a birthday cake in addition to the less traditional apple rhubarb pie. The pie was better.

glo said...

I didn't even give what happened a thought. You do more for others than you let on and that's the way to be. You take literal the scripture "4 That thine alms may be in secret; and thy Father who seeth in secret, himself shall reward thee openly.
Hey, I didn't know you and Mike do. Dad loves rhubarb too.

MNATTH said...

Sounds like it was toaster waffles. When Mike told me he made breakfast I was thinking he "made" breakfast. Toaster waffles is not making breakfast. It's a takem out of the freezer, pop em in the toaster and put syrup on them. Not making breakfast in my eyes..of course you could get a nice burn on your fingers if you're not careful! I'll feel for him when he uses a wisk next time! haa haa.