Hmm.. looks like I missed a week, and a lot has happened, so I hope I don't miss anything in this update.
May 12th was mine and Mike's 7 year anniversary. We celebrated that and Mother's Day with a trip to East Idaho to visit friends and family. We had an enjoyable weekend. On Friday, we went out to dinner with my long time friend Sandi and her husband Nathan. They took us to an Australian restaurant. We couldn't help but think of Angie. Mike had fish and chips and I had a meat pie. We both had ginger beer to drink.. I thought it tasted like someone had dumped a full bottle of ginger in a glass of water. It was strong. I also sampled a little bit of Vegemite. I actually really liked it! For desert, Mike made a special request, and although it wasn't on the menu, the cook knew just what he was talking about and did her best to accommodate, and we split a fried Snickers. As we ate, we were entertained by a local barbershop quartet. We finished out the evening at Sandi and Nathan's home playing Apples to Apples with them and Sandi's brother Steven.
Saturday, the actual day of our anniversary, I went shopping with my mom while Mike went golfing with Sherwin. I think we did better shopping than they did golfing. Mike says he hit a few balls into some living rooms. After shopping, my mom and I went to visit my Grandma Sears. She had never seen Emily in person, and I wanted to show her off. Grandma was thrilled to see that Emily's hair is a dark auburn. She said she's been nagging her kids and grandkids to give her a redhead grandbaby for years, and Emily may be the closest she gets. Now I just hope her hair doesn't darken. I'd hate to disappoint my grandma! (plus, I'd love to have a redhead myself!) That night, we let my mom and Sherwin babysit while we went to see Spiderman 3.
Sunday was Mother's Day. My Mother's Day gift was just being out of town and not having to prepare a Primary lesson that day. We attended church with my mom. I was surprised at how many people in that ward still remembered us. We only lived there for a few months, and it was so long ago. Of course, I got a plant too, but I think I left it at my mom's house by accident. We visited Sandi again that afternoon to show her the kids since we didn't take them to dinner with us the first night. We came back in time for a yummy dinner Sherwin had prepared and played Pinochle and Farkle. We decided that Mike ought to just give up the job hunt and send me to Vegas. Turns out I'm pretty lucky with dice.
Monday was our last day. We stuck around just long enough to have lunch with my mom on her lunch break, then headed out. On the way home, we stopped to see my Grandma Page who was visiting her sister in American Falls. She had also never seen Emily. She was mostly a good baby, but she was getting tired of the trip and wouldn't show off as much as I wanted her to. I guess I can't complain though. She's still so pleasant and far from being the cranky child that Hyrum was. I can't wait to show her off to Mike's family! (Yes, Jen. We'll be returning your DVDs too.)
When we returned home, Mike interviewed for the last of the two jobs at the call center, and although he said the interviews went well, they didn't take him for either. So as of last Friday, he works as an office manager for the playground company, Recreation Idaho. Either he or I will take a part time evening job to cover the rest of our expenses that the lower pay won't take care of. I'm less worried about the low pay than I am about the lack of insurance, but I'm sure we'll figure something out. I think that Mike will like the change of work though. He's been working in call centers pretty much since we got married, and he's tired of that line of work. This will be a nice change of pace for him. As for me, part of me wants to stay home with the kids, but another part of me wouldn't mind the chance to get out of the house and feel useful again. I just wonder if I'll have a hard time getting a job because I've been unemployed for so long staying home with the kids. But I have a good work record prior to becoming a stay at home mom. If nothing else, I'm sure the Arctic Circle on the corner near our house will take me since I've worked for 2 ACs in the past and was a favored employee at both.
Mike was released from his calling as Sunbeams teacher yesterday. He was trying to work 2 callings, and they decided to give callings to the seniors who are graduating this year before they head off to college. Their first objective was to relieve anyone who had more than one calling. Mike is still the ward choir director. I just hope that Hyrum will do alright without Mike teaching the class. Hyrum is so attached to his dad. They also released my teaching companion and replaced her with a senior. I hope this will work out better. My old companion had a lot of health issues and rarely came to church. I hope she'll be able to take a break now and be in better health.
Ok, I'll stop stalling and get to what you all really want now.. new pictures of Emily!

Aww, isn't she beautiful!?
gifts for her
4 years ago
4 comments:
She is beautiful! Can't wait to meet her in person! And yes, redheads are pretty cool! Love ya, Love Jen
I'm a bit late in rsvping, but yes, aren't ALL our grandchildren marvelously beautiful...it's the inside that counts though, although it's sure a pretty sight to see a darling like Emily. Wait 'til you see Angie and Mike's darling; petite like Emily!
I mean no offence at all to baby girl Finch.. but 8lbs is petite??!?! ;)
What a cutie!
Post a Comment