5.31.2007

Memorial Day


Mike got Memorial Day off of work and was actually disappointed because he enjoys his job so much. We mostly just stayed around home wishing we had the money to go visit Mike's family. In the morning, however, we did go out to Morris Hills Cemetery in Boise to put flowers on my Grandfather's grave. My Grandpa Sears died the summer before I was born. He was buried in what they called the Field of Honor 2 (since, I suppose, the Field of Honor 1 was full). They had decorated all the veterans' graves with flags. The picture came from my phone, so the quality isn't as good as if I had taken the picture with a real camera. The headstone reads:

Jess Richard Sears
US Navy
World War II
Nov 5 1923 Jun 11 1979

Here are a couple of random pictures of the kids that I found in my phone's camera. This first one is of Hyrum sleeping on the couch. We didn't set him up on the couch like this. Mike had dozed off watching TV on the couch one afternoon, and wanting to be like dad, he went and got his pillow, Cookie Monster, and his kitty and fell asleep himself. Hyrum has recently gotten very attached to his kitty, insisting that it watch him eat breakfast. We even caught him pretending to drive the car one day with his kitty bucked in his car seat in back.

Here is one of Emily with my Grandma Page on our recent visit to East Idaho. Grandma enjoyed feeding her, and I'm pretty sure Emily enjoyed it too. I was glad we got the chance to see my Grandma Page on our visit since she wasn't at home and we thought we'd miss her completely.

No comments: