Mike and I went dancing at the stake activity on Friday and had a great time. We left our kids with 2 12 year olds in our ward who just passed a babysitting certification course. They did a great job and actually seemed to enjoy it. One of the girls said that she loved watching our kids because they are cute and that all she ever got to watch were her nieces and nephews who aren't all that good looking. I couldn't help laughing about that later after they left. They were good girls, and we'll probably use them again in the future.
It was fun to dance again, but boy am I out of practice! It all came back fairly quickly, but I'm not in as good of shape as I used to be. After 2 days, I'm still sore! There was a great turn-out. It seems the dance class idea was a good one because it drew a gym full of couples, both old and young. There was hardly room to dance without running into other people! I was glad to see so many show up. Mike and I will definitely be going next week!
Friday morning, my throat started feeling a little scratchy. By Friday night, I knew I was sick. I labored through Saturday with the kids while Mike worked, then made him watch them for most of the day today while I rested. I even had to miss church. I sure hope I get better soon. The kids are starting to show signs that they're feeling sick too, but so far, Mike is ok.
The kids are doing great. Hyrum is talking more and more every day and his speech is getting a little clearer. It would probably still sound like gibberish to anyone but me and Mike who have learned "Hyrum speak" over the past 3 years. Emily is as cute as a baby can be! It doesn't take much to get her to crack a huge smile, and she's started cooing a lot. She loves studying faces, and often cranes her neck around to look at you if you hold her in a position where she can't see you. She also loves lying on the floor kicking her legs and waving her arms like crazy. She doesn't even mind too much when a stray fist (her own, of course. I can already hear Mike making jokes..) hits her in the face. Unfortunately, her perfect skin couldn't last. She has a nice rash of baby acne now, and she's the only baby I know to ever get cradle cap in her eyebrows. Hopefully all that will clear up quickly so she's cute again when everyone shows up for the blessing.
gifts for her
4 years ago
3 comments:
That's awesome she's so happy. Jimmy our youngest is the same way and it blows my mind.
I am happy for your sweet little family. Things are sure different with 7 and with them all being so much older! But I love it! Presents a new challenge each day...Caryssa skipped a class today because she was "tired", Ashley has to be at the bus barn at 5 in the morning, and there are 3 others begging for sleepovers tomorrow night. Its a wonder I still have all my marbles. Wait! I don't. That's what happens! Love Jen
Carter was our cradle cap nightmare. It started normally, on the head, but it too moved down his face to his eyebrows, cheeks, and then it turned into some horrible all over body thing. By the time we got it under control, he had a skin infection behind his knees and he was 6 months old. It was so gross. Here's to hoping that Emily fares better.
Post a Comment