This one's for all of you who keep bugging us for new pictures of Emily. We've been putting off posting any because we can't quite get the right shot of her to show off how pretty she really is. She always either slouches down or has weird hair or a pacifier in her mouth.
For those of you who want to see her in living flesh, we're having her baby blessing on the 11th of February. Anyone who would like to come is welcome. We're looking forward to showing her off and also hope to show Mike's family around the Boise area a bit too. If you think you're going to come, please let us know so that we know who to plan for.
In other news, we received a calling in our new ward to teach the 5 year old Primary class. I think they call it CTR 5 now, but it's what used to be called Star A. I thought at first that we would be teaching my nephew Isaac's class, but he's in CTR 6, one class above ours.
Hyrum is the best big brother to Emily. He loves to hold her, tell her he loves her, and give her an endless supply of kisses. He likes to help out by burping her and tucking her in bed, and loves to watch her take her bath and get dressed. Sometimes when we put her down for a nap, he'll carry his chair into her room and set it beside the cradle so he can watch her sleep. We were afraid he'd get jealous of the attention she'd get, but the only thing he's jealous of is when one of us holds her or gives her kisses. He wants to be the one to do that. We're really so proud of him.
Well, this blog entry was supposed to be for new pictures of Emily. So without further ado...Emily learned to smile when she was about 2 weeks old. She loves to smile up at us when we tickle her neck and chin and cheeks. We still haven't gotten any really great pictures of it yet. This was the best we could do, but it's the cutest thing when you see it in person!
Here is a very happy dad with his girl and his cat. We have a very similar picture with Mike, DeeDee, and Hyrum.
I love this picture! So cute!! She had been sleeping on Mike's chest, but lifted her head up to smile at Mike when he called out her name.
This one was almost perfect. If only I had gotten the pacifier out of her mouth. When I tried to duplicate it, she kept sliding down on the couch or slumping over. By the time I finally got her positioned right again, I had lost the lighting.
This is the dress that Grandma Sears gave Emily when she was born. In the last picture, you can see the Christmas tree in the background. I was trying to get a good picture of her to include in our Christmas post, but just couldn't get the right shot. I put Emily on the floor to let her rest a bit while I tried to get everything set up again for a better shot with the tree. However, by this time, I had been trying to get a picture for quite a while and Emily was fed up. She fell sound asleep on the floor, and I didn't dare move her. I do think this picture shows her face pretty well though.
gifts for her
4 years ago
1 comment:
I think she is so beautiful! Wow! You guys did a great job on her! I didn't think Mike had it in him! I can't wait to see her in person. I hope its soon. Love, Jen
Post a Comment