12.07.2006

Emily Lisa Haddox

Her name was going to be something else --and we'd tell you except that we may have another girl one day and will use it then. For some reason, Emily fit this girl very well.

She is an adorable baby. When Hyrum was born, he looked like me, which made him cute. Emily was born and has the same look as me... good news is, she still looks like a girl too. She does snort just like Hyrum did, but she doesn't cry as much. Mom will be able to tell me how she did through the night later today. Unfortunately, i was not able to stay at the hospital. Hyrum decided he didn't want to sleep over at James's (Jessica's brother) house. So I picked him up at midnight and we slept at home.

We went in to the hospital yesterday morning @ 7.40am. We were supposed to go @ 7am, but you know how punctual I am. Normally I'm a very calm fellow, however, the excitement of delivering our daughter got me nervous and I was running around all morning making sure I didn't forget thing... naturally, I did. I finally went to get Jessica after 5 miles down the highway-- just kidding :P

It was a scheduled delivery. We were suppose to induce the day before on Dec. 5th, however after waiting for the hospital to call all day, they were not able to get us in. Once there, with the pitosin(?) Jessica was supposed to deliver around noon. After noon, they expected it to be 3 or 4pm. After 6pm they moved us into another room since they were closing that side of the hospital wing. That seemed to strike something because Jay went into hard labor at around 7pm-ish.

@ 8.10pm we had our daughter. Though the whole experience was great, as one would expect, i still had the same great/best feeling of happiness and miraculousness when lil-girl Haddox came out of the womb just as when Hyrum did. Then being able to hear her cry her first cry .... (my eyes are swelling as i type :D)

She weighed in @ 6 lbs 14 ozs, smaller than Hyrum, but longer than him @ 19.74" in height. I forgot the measurements of her crown, but she didn't have as much a wrinkly head as Hyrum did.

Unlike last time, i was able to cut the umbilical cord. It wasn't too hard to do, but the first cut squirted blood all over my shirt ... souvenir #1.

Events on her 0st Birthday

  • On the news, they gave the "Iraq Study Report" or something. Apparently, other countries are moving out of Iraq seeing as they are having a Civil war. Oddly enough, we are placing more American troops in Iraq to help train their infantry... So, which side are we training in their civil war?!? Well, this post isn't about politics .. just to say it happened w/ the comment, "Silly Bush."
  • Our 2% Milk expired that Sherwin purchased for breakfast during the Thanksgiving weekend. I actually used it when Ethan, Issac, and Piper stayed the night

Ok, i do need to get going. I was silly enough to leave the hospital last night... I grabbed a cookie, a bag of chips, string cheese, and a Diet 7up --however, i left my cell phone. Good to know in crisis, i know where my priorities lie. Needless to say, I haven't been able to talk w/ Jessica at all since leaving last night. I just hope i packed the right clothes for her and Emily.

A big thanks to James for watching Hyrum. He's a good boy, but also knows how to be disobedient and a pill. A bigger thanks to Heavenly Father for overlooking my imperfections and blessing me with a beautiful daughter. A pre-thanks to Jill as she's coming down to help Jessica while I go make $ @ work.

Pictures next blog :)

No comments: