12.08.2006

<3 myson

**warning! this except will be hard to get through. I was much to tired to type grammatically well and now that i'm awake ... i don't care so much to fix it. sorry**

I love myson so much! We were very skeptical about how he would react w/ the new addition to the family ...I mean Emily, not FFXII. We were hoping he be exactly what we named him to be (coming from the Hebrew meaning: noble/exalted brother), and not how he is to the cat. He is nice to the cat and loves her to death, but he also thinks of her as a toy. So, when the cat doesn't do what he wants it to do, he'll swat in the air at Deedee or squash her behind doors ... yeah, even Dave who hates cats probably would be saying, "Ouch." Lastly, he may have been the jealous child that you often see so much, getting angry when baby is in your arms and wanting to be held too; shoving the baby away so he can get the attention, etc.

Hyrum was a gooood boy in the morning when we woke up. He ate breakfast with me which i don't often get to do w/ a 7am work schedule. Then i told him it was bath time and he went and turned the tub on (full hot o_o), got himself undressed, went afk wc, then hopped in the tub --things he normally does, so i wasn't too surprised. By the time i got some chores done and made up this blog, we had to get going to see Jessica and Emily @ the hospital. When we got to the hospital it didn't go so well: Hyrum woke up from a 5 min nap in the car and wanted more, so he wanted me to carry him everywhere and would whine if i did not do so. I didn't mind so much seeing as he had a reason to be cranky. When we got to visit mom, he certainly didn't improve for not having seen her in 1.34 days. I took his coat off and that he did not like. We decided it'd be best to feed the kid before seeing his sister.

--Side-Quest!--
We grabbed McDonald's to pick up some nuggets for him, come back and are welcomed at the elevator doors with an NPC equipped w/ a walkie-talkie in her main slot. Her initial message was, "There's a fire on the ground floor. You will be unable to access the elevators until further notice." I got pretty excited and tried talking to her again, hoping she'd give me a side-quest to vanquish the foes causing the fire... "There's a fire on the ground floor. You will be unable to access the elevators until further notice." -.- However, on the 3rd try, i got a new answer, "There are stairs over to the right you may use."

Before venturing down, i looked at the McDs in one hand and mysons hand in the other and thought better of gaining experience points. So, instead of down, we head up the stairs. Myson was good for the first 2 floors... btw, why didn't they have Labor & Delivery on the 8th floor and Newborns on the 3rd instead of the other way around? After that, he got pretty tired, and rightly so. So, i subbed /NIN and equipped myson(rare/ex) over my right shoulder and headed up the stairs.

Working at a desk job isn't good for muscle development. About floor 5.66 my legs began turning to rubber. I almost certainly gave up at 6.33 but i figured i was at a hospital. Worse comes, maybe they'd spot on camera falling and rush to my aid. Fortunately, we made it to level 8. I grab the door handle and ... locked. I certainly wasn't about to go farm wights for a key drop. I knock on the door and get a reply from the other side, "I can't open the door of the fire alarm will go off!" --now, correct me if i'm wrong, but if there already was a fire in the building, would this really be a problem? Considering they had a sentry @ 1st level elevators, perhaps this was a guard to make sure nobody used the stairwell. I figure i might as well wait the fire out...

15 minutes go by, the food is cold .. i had to unequip myson and he was playing on the steps and knocking on the door every now and then when i hear over the intercom, "Attention all employees. Code F. All Clear." Yay!! I go to open the door ... locked. I knock ... "I can't open the door of the fire alarm will go off!" ... dang NPCs! Maybe she didn't get the all clear message on her linkshell... After 10 mins, i figure enough is enough. I call Jessica to see if they can figure out how i can get in to eat my food, feed myson, and see my daughter. After knocking one last time, i start going down to the 7th floor when the door finally opens up i'm greeted by a Knight of Hospital Security. He let me know this door was a no access door so that newborns could not be stolen ... I got to thinking later that day, that knowledge certainly would have been nice to see posted somewhere.. say, perhaps, THE DOOR!!
--End Side Quest--

It was nice to see my daughter again. Even better when i put Emily in Hyrum's arms.. he loved it! He thought he was carrying and bouncing her and even gave her soft kisses on the forehead. We taught him to say "I love you" with actions of pointing at self, hugging self, then pointing at the lovable object. His version varies to some extend: "I. You!" while pointing to self then lovable object. We don't mind it too much because he only does it to the things we know he truly loves. He did that a lot with Emily. When Emily would cry, he'd put his finger to his lips and shhhh softly.



All in all, i was so proud of myson. He certainly outdid our concerns with knowing that Emily is his sister as much as our daughter. Now comes my next difficult task in parenting... How to tease both kids w/o them picking it up and using it on each other. "Only dad can annoy you!?"

No comments: