12.05.2010

Boise State College Game Day

Last time I posted the summer and fall update, I completely forgot to post about our trip to Boise State when ESPN's College Game Day was there. I realized my mistake when I was clearing out space on my camera's memory card. So here ya go!

Boise State had just won their first game against Virginia Tech in Washington D.C. and was up against Oregon State at home in Boise. After years of promising to do it, ESPN finally brought their College Game Day show to Boise, and Mike and I were there for it. We had a lot of fun meeting with some of Mike's online friends for a tailgate. We also met a lot of Oregon State fans and plenty of fans from other schools who were in Boise to cheer on the Broncos. One guy--a Michigan fan--had specifically come because it was his birthday, and he asked his wife to take him to see the blue field in lieu of a birthday present. Here are the pictures and videos.

This was the basic set up from where we were sitting. The tier above us was full too. They told us that we had either tied or beaten the record attendance for College Game Day. Not bad for 7:00 am. And that was with half the city attending a marathon that same morning!

The tent had the cameras and desk where the commentators sit, and the screen next to it showed us what was happening on the camera since their backs were to us.

One of my favorite signs (and sign holder) down on the field.

Mark May is a commentator who is well known as being overly critical of Boise State, TCU, Utah, and all other non automatic qualifying teams. He is also well known for not being able to take any criticism. So much so, that they won't allow any anti Mark May signs in the Game Day crowd, no matter how harmless. Our friend Tyler swiped this confiscated sign as we left the stadium and posted it outside of our tailgate tent.

The kids getting ready for the game.

Kids pulling silly faces.

Emily dancing at the tailgate.

This was the color scheme at the game. We were in one of the orange sections. I'm always surprised at how well the color coordination works out.

The view from our seats during the game.


The morning after the game, we took the kids swimming at our hotel pool. It was the first time we were able to get them in the water without screaming. We had a harder time getting them out again when it was time to go home!

5 comments:

Sandi said...

I guess that says it all?

Jessica Haddox said...

lol, I accidentally posted it with only the title. Give me a few minutes here and I'll have the full post up.

Sandi said...

Mike should take over the camera some time so Jessica makes it into one of these videos.

Great job with the music, you musical genius!

M A Haddox said...

Oh, we have film of her, that's for sure. But you also have to realize who edits these videos. Also, if I were to post a video of her, you would never hear or see anything from me again, leaving you to question whether I ever existed at all.

Hilerie said...

cool recap. I wish I got some good pics at gameday in slc..