10.11.2010

Fall Update #4 - Reunion - Batch #2

Here are some more pictures from our reunion. To read the blog about it (short read, just lots of pictures), you'll have to go back one more post.

Emily finally agreed to go in the water as long as she didn't have to leave her chair.

After her nap, she was much more playful, and enjoyed filling up her bucket and dumping it out on the dry sand.

After watching Piper play in the water, Hyrum started to get up some courage to go out himself. However, he was still afraid. Mike offered to go out with him, and he avidly refused. Mike decided to take a different approach and said, "I'll stay back here so I won't scare you," and Hyrum took to the water. Once he started playing in the water, we couldn't get him back out!

My elusive sister, Julie. She also shows up in another picture I have of Isaac, but I wasn't able to get many pictures of her. This is to prove that she was there too!


Isaac thought it would be fun to bury Mike in sand. Sherwin, eager to be rid of Mike, thought that it was going too slowly using our hands. He decided that using an oar as a shovel was much more efficient.

After helping bury his dad, Hyrum figured it was his turn to get buried.

Mom, Sherwin, and Jacob have a chance meeting on their floaty chairs. Although, knowing Sherwin, he was probably trying to knock Mom off into the water.

Joseph hanging out at the beach.

Jacob hanging out at the cabin.

One of the activities we did was to make glass marble magnets. Everyone, including the kids, picked pictures based on their interests. These are 5 of the 6 I made (Emily likes to play with them, and lost the other one). I think if I try this craft again, I'll try to use plastic "marbles" since the glass had too many imperfections, and didn't turn out very clear.

No comments: