1.10.2010

Emily's Birthday

Ok, so I tried to do December all in one post, but I'm having troubles getting blogger to upload any more pictures. I guess I'll break it up into a couple posts and see if this works.

On December 6th, we celebrated Emily's 3rd birthday! We had the party at my mom's house with the 4 of us, my mom and Sherwin, and Sherwin's son Dale. We had a great time! I think that playing with Emily's pop beads after she opened her presents more than made up for the missing birthday cake. Here's a video of the night.



Sorry that all my videos have J-pop music in them, but I don't currently have any good songs in English on my computer. Besides, the title means "Empty Your Pockets." Rather fitting for December, don't you think? Poor Emily had a bad cold, but I still think she gave a stunning performance!

Here are some of my favorite pictures from the event. If you want to see more pictures, I've posted more on my Facebook page.

Emily greedily looks over her pile of presents



Emily plays with her new friend, Zebra. Aren't my kids so creative with their toys' names?

My mom gave Emily and Hyrum matching bedspreads for their birthdays. I think that when Emily first saw hers, she thought that it was Hyrum's. She caught on when she saw it on her own bed at home that night. She was pretty excited that their beds matched.

Emily gets a kiss from Dad. (look at all that jewelery!)

Emily gives a kiss to Dad.

Emily tries to escape Dad's whisker burn.

I can't believe that my little girl isn't so little anymore! She's excited to be in Primary now, although she had a hard time letting go of Nursery. Hyrum assured her that she'd have a lot of fun and get to sing a lot. That helped. I think I uncovered her real fear this morning when she told me that she thought she had to grow up to be a boy in order to go to Primary. She didn't believe me when I told her that it's for both boys and girls. Good thing I had Hyrum there to back me up. She always listens to her brother.

1 comment:

Sandi said...

Oh, it's so funny the things kids think of! (I'd be scared to be a boy too.)