8.04.2008

Just for fun

Well, I have nothing new to report other than to say how cute the kids are. But I say that all the time. So I got this idea from my sister-in-law's blog and thought it would be fun. Here's how to play.

1. Leave a comment on my blog that is a memory that you and I have together. It doesn't have to be anything big just as long as you post something. I know there are a few people who read my blog (but don't usually comment) who have never actually met me. Well, you should still have a memory of me anyhow, so post!

2. After you're done, re-post these instructions on your blog and see how many people leave a memory about you. It should be pretty cool and funny to see what people remember about you. If you leave a comment on my blog, and you decide to play this game on yours, I'll repay by leave a memory on your blog.

Feel free to post about either me or Mike or even one for each. Have fun!

9 comments:

M A Haddox said...

Jessica: I remember you always being late to Brother Taylor's Music Theory class every morning. My favorite memory is when you came up to me by my locker in the Snow (music) building hallway and invited me to your birthday party. I was pretty curious that you invited me whom you never really talked to before. I knew other music majors would be there, but they were all your friends. I had though you obviously has some sort of interest in me to single me out...

...turns out you were just asking other people who were behind me in the hallway to come to your party and didn't want me to feel left out. /sigh... a pity invite. Oh, well. At least I impressed your roommate enough that she became infatuated with me :)

Mike: Another college memory, but from your first year before serving your mission. I remember your roommate Wyatt asking the apartment who "HAM" was. You were clueless until he showed you a bottle of shampoo reflecting those letters in the mirror after he got out of the shower. It really spelled your initials, "MAH." From that day forward, you wanted your offspring to have the same effect with their initials, but they would never find out until their roommate got out of the shower in college. You succeeded with HMH, but not with ELH... Maybe you can revise your goal to just your sons?..

Jill Crooks said...

You made your arrival amid fireworks at ll:ll PM New Years Eve. The last baby of the decade to be born in Augsburg Germany. You have so many talents and traits that I admire. I love you too!

Jill Crooks said...

Mike....Watching Cartoons on your honeymoon. I love you too!

Unknown said...

For Jessica: remember the summer of pranks? I think the guys won with the frog ice cream, though the shenanigans with the car was pretty impressive.

For Mike: I remember how you used to never pass up free candy. Especially that of our grandmothers!

Juliet said...

There's a bunch, but I'll do one of both of you together. Well there's the time that we went out to the St. Anthony sand dunes and played, or the time we went to Yellowstone to see Nate at the Playmill, that was cool! Or like a year or so later, when I visited you at your place for 4th of July so I could go see the fireworks in I.F. again. Such fun!

Haddorkus said...

I loved that trip we all took to Idaho Falls that the whole family came to. We all stayed at the same hotel. We took those family pictures at the Temple, that you guys never gave us. I just remember hanging out in the stairwell at the hotel just talking.

Also that "talent" show you guys made us do at your house. So bad, none of us have any talent.

Pure Golding said...

Way too many memories with Mike. Most are nonmentionables! I do remember leaving him home (sort of accidentally) while the rest of us went tubing one snowy day! Sorry Mike. That note you wrote before you went to Cory's was so cute! We never left you again though so it must have worked!

Jessica: I just remember, like Cristtin, that talent show. I absolutely love the song you did with Mike; Anything you can do, I can do better... I remember that to this day and smile when I think on it.

Sandi said...

One of my favorite memories is of Dee Dee. When you guys were living in Rexburg (married) you always left your door unlocked. One day I came over and you weren't there, so I just walked in and helped Dee Dee write a note to you guys. As I recall, it said "if yuo leev me alon agin i wil et yur pillo." And then she sat on it in the middle of the floor when you guys came home!

Mike, I remember (in that same apartment) that a bunch of us came over to play games with you guys and you wouldn't get off the computer in the back room. So I turned off the circut breaker. Imagine how bad I felt later when I found out you were busy burning CDs for a Christmas present for me . . .

Jessica . . . too many to name! How about our lofty goal to walk around Rigby Lake that always ended with us sitting around talking on your couch? Or our unforgetable trip to State Choir, when the boys wouldn't give up their seats to girls and we got to see the fantastic painting "Weary Penitance."

Jessica Haddox said...

Yes, yes Mike. I'm always late. Always.

Jacob, how could I forget "Frog Day?" That was a fun summer!

Cristtin and Jen... ugh. Does it HAVE to be the talent show?

Sandi, "Weary Penitance" HA! I'm SO glad you reminded me of Weary Penitance! Dang, that was just a fun trip all around... line after line after long line....