Well, our last entry brought up the topic of Robotech, one of our favorite anime series of all time. I grew up watching the series with Dan and Dave and yes, we probably all had crushes on Lisa, except for Dave who I knew only to have a crush on himself. The cartoon played in the middle 80's and was the highlight of our early morning cartoon experience. It wasn't until over a decade later that I really understood why I was attracted to this series as a child and even more so as an adult today.
After introducing the series to Jay, she also understood that it, indeed, was a great series. We became very active in the Robotech community for some time and eventually depicted ourselves as characters in the series. Here are those dipictions:
This picture worked perfectly! The original picture was that of my heart-throb Lisa Hayes, so this picture is extremely close to my heart. I have it framed on my office desk.
We tried to make this one an animated gif, but at the time, the tools we used made it extremely complicated.
Btw, I don't have the picture of "Jaylisa" on my office desk. I'm not that much of a geek...
gifts for her
4 years ago
6 comments:
I had fun making those pictures. It was a lot easier putting my own face on Lisa's body. Turning Mike into Rick was harder because Rick has enormous spikey anime hair. At first, I tried doing like I did with Lisa and leaving the hair and just replacing the face. But the proportions were all off. Mike's face would have had to be a lot smaller. Much too small for the body. So I made the head bigger, but then had to paint over all the spikey hair that remained and try to match it to the background. There is an animated version where you actually see Mike peddling the bike.
Rick: Every time I fly, I get shot down. But now I can save her with this magic bicycle!
Announcer: Attention! Corporal Rick Hunter was shot down while attempting to fly a magic bike.
so this is really cool! Did you use a specific program to do it in? You know...Mike should have that picture on his desk. :)
I don't believe you. You keep that picture on your desk, as well as a wallet sized copy to have with you everywhere. And everybody knows it.
so are you available for tutoring? i would like to have a header w/photo collage. will you help? A_mum
Of course you are that much of a geek, why on earth would you even try to tell us other wise. None of us believe you.
I can make fun of you that way because it not like I have half the sagas and the new one on DVD or anything and can't wait until I have all three sagas complete.
You guys have seen the Shadow Chronicles yet, right?
We got Shadow Chronicles for free as a gift from one of the big wigs and movie writers at Harmony Gold. He's a personal friend. No, I'm not kidding. Mike hosts a webpage for him. He's offered us all sorts of free goodies, but Mike turned them down. I haven't seen the movie yet, but Mike did. He didn't like it, so I haven't watched.
Post a Comment