Remember peanut butter and syrup sandwiches? Yum!! We ran out of bread yesterday so I made all of us waffles. Seeing as myson's only lunch to date ever was PB/J sandwiches, I slapped some peanut butter on his waffles then drenched them in syrup. That brought back the nostalgia. I had forgotten how my brothers and would toast bread, spread on peanut butter and soak in syrup. The syrup would have to drip over the edges of the toast to get on the plate. Then you could put the toast on top of the syrup and have it soak in through the bottom.
Of course I don't have any cavities!!
Another thought: I love my new jeans that either wife or her mom gave me. I put them on the morning without a belt and I had a hard time keeping them on. It made me feel I didn't have any hips or read end to hold them up. When you get older, that's a pretty good feeling -- even for gawky me.
That's my random thoughts for today. I'll see you all later this week after we get back from Utah. After that, I'll be able to visit your local playground and spot all the dangers that lie within. MWA HA HA HA! (wife's going to be so bored when I subject her to conversations of that nature)
gifts for her
4 years ago
5 comments:
I still make toast and pb and syrup for lunch sometimes. I like to sprinkle raisins on it too. For some odd reason I got my kids to eat it once...they never wanted it again. weird.
I guess Spencer's NOT the only weird one. When we were first married he introduced me to putting peanut butter on waffles and pancakes and then drenching them with syrup. I thought he was SO weird, but yes, it's yummy and it's even something Ellie will eat!
You guys are so weird, that does not sound right. I know every family has the strange snack items but most are left behind when you enter adulthood and oh yeah, get taste buds. Angie, there is a reason your kids never wanted it again, its weird. Mike, if your kids liked it I'm not saying they are weird, just that you are raising them in your image.
Well, WE LOVE PButter/Syrup/Honey/Jam/Preserves especially Pineapple for me).
Ha! my daddy taught me the raisins and pbutter and toast and dah-dah-dee-dah.
I absolutely love peanut butter on my pancakes and waffles, except when I have a fried egg- yolk runny on my waffles. That one I adopted after marriage! Yum! I am getting hungry!
Post a Comment