9.27.2007

We're Expecting!!!

--just not a baby. We're expecting a lot of other things, though. I'm expecting Friday to come tomorrow. I'm also expecting bills to come in the mail. I'm expecting a Tax Refund next year, but then expecting it to go straight to pay off my Commerce and Labor debt. I'm also expecting to be debt free (excluding student loans... and something else) by March next year!!

Yes, I did have news before, but it fell through. We may have that news next Spring, but we won't know for sure until then.

On with other things!!

Family First. We're all doing much better now that we're out of the watchful eye of the evil landlord. We still haven't unpacked everything, but I'm not sure we ever will until we move again. This place is much too small to be able to fit everything.

Myson is scheduled for his screening today for speech therapy. He has a deficiency in motor and comprehension skills as well, but they believe it's from the lack of communication. For example, they would ask him to bring them the Red bear out of a few colored bears and he wouldn't do anything, but when they asked him, "What color is this bear?" He would respond with the color. We know he has a huge imagination and is intelligent, but not being able to communicate with him causes a lot of hindrance in him being able to learn and obey, which in turn leads to tantrums because hes not very patient with us. But the boy is dang-cute! He loves his mom and goes to her for comfort all the time, and goes to dad for a tickle victim and wacky fun ("Ok, son. When that car comes closer, walk out in front of it and Daddy will get a nice big paycheck!")

Thegirl is cute as ever! She's still happy most all the time, but not as much as her first several months of life. The veil definitely thinned. She's gained teeth -- I finally saw them! Jessica told me a few weeks ago she had them but when she'd try to show them she just wanted to hang her tongue out for me to see and blow raspberries. The most she's crawled was about 3 inches, the rest of the time she just goes in circles.

In other news... My CEO may fold the portion of the company I work for. It is still a long way off before he decides, and he's investing $ in my to get trained in Utah, so I'm not too concerned yet. However, it would be stupid of me not to have alternate plans as well. My backup plan is to move to Utah and take over sales in that area. We plan to buy the house from mom and find a place nearby where she can visit us everyday.

-- That, my family, was a joke --

Utah is for crazy drivers, and now I am a slow Idahoan. I enjoy the happiness of waving nicely to someone who allows me to merge in front of them on the freeway. I also enjoy reading the speed limit and not adding an additional 30 mph. We would, however, LOVE living close to mo-tab and the music environment of the Salt Lake Valley.

Moment of Inspiration!!
So, as some of you know from hearing me whine in my e-mails, I worked a lot last week... a lot. A very, very, lotted lot. 40 hours M-F on my daytime job and 45 hours Sun-Sun on my nighttime/weekend job. It was a pain not seeing my family. But beautiful Jay (adjective added for mum) in her wisdom and for her sanity would bring the kids by EatFreshway to see dad. It was soooo good seeing them. Emily would see me and say "DuD!" then push her face in Jay's shoulder being the shy girl she is. Anyway, that all sucked very much. I was able to see the kids and spend a bit of time with them Saturday morning, but it wasn't enough after finally being able to sleep in and then go back to work at 3.00pm. So, after slaving away all week, I was finally able to have Monday night off with my family.

I tell you, family is where it is at. It only took 10 mins of playing playing with myson to realize how much I missed him. I was overcome with a great feeling of peace, happiness, joy, etc. I couldn't exactly describe what it was, but I knew that I was doing the right thing by being with my family. It wasn't until later that night we had a knock on our door. I opened it to find 2 young men dressed in suits standing in front of me. They asked if they could talk with us about having our family be "together forever." I had never really thought that much about family after we get old and they my progeny going to college, so we invited them in. They told me a story about a 14-year old boy who went out to pray in the woods to find out which church was tru--

Can you guess where I started fibbing? Needless to say, I LOVE MY FAMILY! I even told Jay I loved her -- Crap! Did I just type that out loud?
-- Moment over --

Oh, you all know by now, but we won't be going to Utah this weekend. Earlier I told Jen, "We can't afford to go to Utah, but we also can't afford not to go." That statement would probably be profound if it wasn't so minimalistic. It simply means we have not the $ to go to Utah, but it's more important to forsake fiances finances and be with family, especially since we won't be seeing Dave/Karen/mini-DKs for a very long time. In the end, we crunched our numbers and just couldn't make it happen. Part of the reason being we need to save up $ to go to Utah the following month.

Which leads me to discuss this trip. I'll be going down to Utah on business from Sunday to Thursday/Friday, October 28th-November 1st-ish. I would love to meet up with my family one of those evenings. We'd like to have dinner at a restaurant or mum's with as many people as can make it. I'd like to say we can do other things on other nights, but this trip is for business -- and a break for Jay and I from... everything. I'll also be studying most nights for my exam on Thursday. I'm not sure if we're driving back to Idaho on Thursday night or Friday morning. The boss drives back the morning after on his trips to Utah, but -- you know -- he's the boss.

So... fake news, family, work... what's next?

Oh! I have officially quit FFXI. I don't have the time to do it + it was just taking too much time from the important things in my life: like my family and BSU football. I will miss my friends online, but the close ones I still intend to keep in contact via other means. For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about, read this section this way: "Mike's a geek. Mike's a geek. Mike's a geek. Mike's a geek."

Summarizing: I love you all, I'm lovin' life! My family is everything to me and I doubt I'd survive without them.

4 comments:

Pure Golding said...

Wow Mike! It seems to me that maybe, just maybe, you've matured. Congrats on finding out whats important in life! Welcome home, little brother!

Haddorkus said...

You hung that we've got news thing over our head forever and then nothing. I am upset. Now I have to wait unitl spring to see if maybe it "pans" out. I don't know if you ever noticed but waiting is not my strong suit. Anyway, all that other stuff, that was just great. blah, blah, blah.

Juliet said...

Such a long and silly post Mike. :)

Glad the kiddos are doing well and growing up fast, like they should. Must be from having such awesome parents. I can't wait until Linc is as smart as Hyrum, naming the colors of everything he sees! I ask him "What color is this..." and the answer is always an excited "Wewwo!(yellow)". Must be his favorite or something. Ah well, he'll catch on.
Hope to see you later in Oct. when you're in SLC! If you're bringing the whole family and not just coming alone, you all definetly need to come over and see us and my place at least once or twice. It will be even more of a break for you and Jessica if you 2 can get out for a while and let Lincoln play with Hyrum and Emily while my Mike and/or I babysit. Just a thought, I'll probably call Jessica sometime inbetween now and then and confirm things and you'll call your family members too. Oh! And any big baby items maybe we could loan to you if needed,so you don't have to pack them(or forget to,like I did) like you did when we came to Boise. Just to repay.

Well, glad things seem pretty good for you.

Unknown said...

Well, Mike/Jessica, sounds like you two are getting into a groove with your new living arrangements. I am happy that you two seem more up. You have always been an inspiration to me with your constant upward attitude throughout adversity. I miss you two in game, but also love that you are out. Someday I wish to get out too. Maybe after March 15, when Amanda and I tie the knot.

Speaking of which, Amanda has a 3 year old daughter as well, and recently she started throwing tantrums similar to what you have been describing with Hyrum. Let me know how it goes, maybe you can give me some pointers.

My wedding, as I stated earlier, is going to be March 15, in the Memphis Tennessee Temple (Hopefully). If you can email me your address so I can send you an invitation. I don't expect you two to come, but I would like you to get invited. Love you guys.

Josh Beers (Shadowmeld)