2.11.2007

Emily's Blessing

Today was Emily's baby blessing. Mike gave the blessing and did a very nice job. He said that he had to stop himself from laughing near the end of the blessing when he opened his eyes a bit to see Emily smiling up at him. We were happy to have my mom Jill and step-dad Sherwin, my brother James and his girl friend Tessie, my sister Julie and her husband Gene, and our college friend Juliet and her husband Mike and son Lincoln attend. About 4 years ago, I made a blessing dress for display at Hancock Fabrics. I wasn't even pregnant at the time, and then our first child was a boy. I was pleased with how the dress turned out, and hoped that someday we'd finally have a girl to wear it. Well, it looked great on Emily! So here are some pictures.


Emily looking happy as usual. She was cooing so contentedly as we snapped this picture.


My parents with Emily.


Jessica, Emily, Mike, and Hyrum.


The dress. It's kind of hard to see it in the picture, but this at least kind of gives you the basic idea. It's pink with two rows of ribbon at the waist and on the sleeves, two bows on the front with tails that run the length of the dress, and an embroidered organza overlay on the skirt.


I'm including this picture just because I think it's adorable!

9 comments:

Pure Golding said...

Oh, how I wish we could have been there! She is so beautiful! And you cut your hair. It looks great! I send our love. Once again, I wish we could have been there to witness such a special moment. Love,Jen

Haddorkus said...

I wanted to comment on Jessica's hair and then saw Jen beat me to it. It looks awesome. That dress is really good. Very pretty.

M A Haddox said...

I put the 1st pic on my computer desktop at work and received SO many commetns on how .. amazingly beautiful Emily was. People would actually go to say the regular "oh, she's cute" commen,t but would have to stop in their conventional tracks -- pause, then have to say "OMGosh! She's so beautiful, you MUST be proud."

<3 I love to boast at work .. it's probably all Jessica's genes, but hey, what they don't know shouldn't hurt them and makes me feel better. ^^

Jessica Haddox said...

actually, my hair has been like this since October and it's grown out quite a bit. I absolutely hate it. It's a bit better now that it's a little longer, but it was so short that it was practically shaved in the back and less than an inch long on the top and sides.

I just love that first picture of Emily though! It couldn't have been much better. The lighting was perfect and she looked as good as if she had posed for it. I wanted to print off a copy on some photo paper. I ran a test on some regular paper first, and Hyrum took it and started talking to it and kissing it. we framed the test run and put it in his room for him. He loves his sister so much, and she adores him! She loves to coo and talk to him.

Dave&Karen said...

You had a baby?!

M A Haddox said...

lol... dave -.-

You're so mean. Just because i forgot that you are having a kid... or maybe you're not. Maybe Angie was and i forgot -- ugg! I think i bet keep more in touch w/ you guys. o_o

Anonymous said...

Awesome pics of the baby and of the family. She is gorgeous!

Nice to discover that I'm not the only one who doesn't keep in contact with everyone as much as one should.

glo said...

Oh, how I wish we could have been there! She is so beautiful! And you cut your hair. It looks great! We were so disappointed that things didn't work out for us to come. It was planned up to the very last minute (w/my paycheck, too) until the "bottom fell out."
Maybe we could send you some pix so that in the future she will know who we are and that we're not neglectful, or snotty, parents and grandparents.

glo said...

To Steve, "What in the world did you mean by that "not the only one who doesn't keep in contact..." comment?
__________________________________
Everyone else: Emily looks and smiles like me (of course when younger, silly); her Great Aunt Melody (my sister), and of course, Angie. In fact, Emily resembles so very much Angie when that age. Someday I'll show the pics to...
:-)